- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the EEA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
- Do you need extra help?
WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by Company Name Limited (“we”, “us”). For more information see www.domain.com.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to (e.g. make additional information and services available to you). These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy polices. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While using our website or social media channels, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”). We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products or services via our websiteor indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The Personal Information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information includes:
- your name, billing address and contact details
- date of birth
- bank account and payment details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the products and services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
- delivery addresses and recipient names of our products
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide our products and services to you
- respond to your customer queries regarding our products or delivery services
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our products or services
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your Personal Information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY
When we collect your Personal Data, we will inform you at the point of collecting the information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that relates to your use of www.domain.com
We will only contact you using this Personal Information if you have given us express permission to do so.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your details whilst they travel from your computer to our system. This ensures your payment card and personal details are kept private except where we have advised you otherwise in our terms and conditions.
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client—typically a web server (website) and a browser; or a mail server and a mail client (e.g., Outlook).
- SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely.
We do not store your payment card details. We store your personal details on a secure encrypted server that is not accessible via the internet.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com